Date:      Sun, 11 Dec 2011 11:37:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFSv4.1 status

Hi,

I thought I'd post to let anyone who is interested know what the
status of NFSv4.1 is. First off, the slides here give you an
overview of where the vendors are:
   http://people.redhat.com/steved/Lisa-11/LISA-11-pNFS-BoF-final.pdf

You'll notice that FreeBSD isn't mentioned, which is fair, since no
NFSv4.1 support is in FreeBSD9.0. However, I now have the basic NFSv4.1
client support written and lightly tested.

For releng9:
  http://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/nfsv4.1-client/nfsv4.1-releng9.patch

For head/-current, there is an up-to-date source tree at:
  http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/projects/nfsv4.1-client/sys/

It does not include any pNFS support at this point, but I'm am just starting
to work on that and hopefully will have something for the file layout soon
and hope to get to test it against various servers at the NFSv4 Bakeathon in June.

rick
ps: There has been no work done yet on a FreeBSD NFSv4.1 server as far as I know.