Date:      Sat, 06 Oct 2012 21:36:49 -0700
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
To:        rpaulo@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Support for Intel 5100 WiFi ?

Greetings,

Could anybody tell me what the current status is of kernel support
for Intel 5100 Wifi?  It appears to have been undergoing testing in 2009,
but...

I have a not-too-terribly-old 8.2-release system installed on my laptop,
which I am pretty sure has an Intel 5100 WifI chip, but nothing whatsoever
is showing up in the dmesg output that would indicate that the kernel has
noticed the presence of the 5100.

Also, the man page for iwn(4) is a bit cryptic.  It says:

   This driver requires the firmware built with the iwnfw module to work.

OK, so where exactly do I get THAT?

I looked in ports and I didn't see anything with that name.