Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 2014 15:35:36 -0500
From:      "Steve Litt of Troubleshooters.Com" <stevelitt@careersuccess.com>
To:        freebsd-desktop@freebsd.org
Subject:   Have you been having certificate problems with IRC clients?

Hi all,

I just installed FreeBSD 10 on a laptop, and so far, so good. Except
that I can't get hexchat, xchat, weechat, or irssi to work without
telling them to accept invalid certificates. I installed the
certificate package ca_root_nss and have
file /usr/local/share/certs/ca-root-nss.crt, but still I get error 20
(no certificate if I remember correctly), and-or error 27 (untrusted
certificate, if I remember) when trying to connect with hexchat. A web
search show's I'm not the only one, but I haven't found a good
technique to have FreeNode.org recognize its own certificates on a
FreeBSD 10 machine.

How have you all been addressing this?

Thanks,

SteveT