Date:      Sat, 27 Dec 2014 20:42:08 -0600
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        =?utf-8?B?IkRhbmllbCBEdm/FmcOhayQi?= <daniel-dvorak@atlas.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkgdb perl unknown modifier

On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 04:45:20AM +0100, "Daniel Dvořák$" wrote:
> This step is not required for new installations that do not yet have
> any third-party software installed.
>
> Does it connect with my error somehow ?

Hmm, now you're out of my area of expertise.

When I installed my latest systems, I installed 9.x and 10.0 from
scratch and used pkg, rather than trying to upgrade in-place.  In
theory it should work, but ...

In any case 8.4 will be out of support in 6 months.  You might want
to keep that in mind.  I would not be too surprised if some things
were starting to not work there.

mcl