Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2015 18:18:16 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Olivier_Cochard=2DLabb=E9?= <olivier@cochard.me>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fragmented EAP ACK problem on -current

Hi,
I'm using FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT r277315 and meet a problem with my FreeBSD
Access Point.
I'm using WPA2-Enterprise (EAP-TLS) authentication with hostapd.

The problem:
During EAP-TLS authentication, the Authenticator (FreeBSD/hostapd)
correctly send a EAP fragmented "Server Hello, Certificate, Certificate
Request" message to the supplicant.
The supplicant (MS Windows native client) correctly ACK each of theses
fragmented EAP packets with an empty EAP-TLS packet.

Once the supplicant re-assemble the full EAP Certificate request from the
Authenticator, it send a response (EAP fragmented too).
But FreeBSD/hostapd never ACK the first fragmented packet received from the
supplicant
=> Then the authentication phase time out.

I've tried with 3 different wireless card as hostap:
- Atheros 9280 (ath)
- Atheros AR2425 (ath)
- Ralink RT2573 (rum)
And all these have the same problem.

Does anyone is using an EAP-TLS setup with hostapd successfully on -current
?