Date:      Sun, 5 Jun 2016 12:36:26 +0200
From:      Wolfgang Zenker <wolfgang@lyxys.ka.sub.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   How is ntp leapfile update supposed to work?

Hi,

after rebooting my ntp-server into FreeBSD 10.3-p5 I find a message
in dmesg reading
leapsecond file ('/var/db/ntpd.leap-seconds.list'): expired less than 5 days ago

Looking through /etc/periodic I find daily/480.leapfile-ntpd which
updates the leapfile if daily_ntpd_leapfile_enable is set.
daily_ntpd_leapfile_enable defaults to "NO".

How is it supposed to work? Do I enable daily_ntpd_leapfile_enable
on all hosts running ntpd? Or just on the server that the other
systems use for synchroising? Or not at all?

Greetings,
Wolfgang