Date:      Tue, 05 Sep 2023 09:03:59 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Last bits of SCCS, RCS, CVS and Subversion IDs

In message <CANCZdfqQRQJq2TxtxwKEgtLcAe5ENOvu2_L+ksE1pVatyKhC-Q@mail.gmail.com>
, Warner Losh writes:

> So I plan on just removing the SCCS, RCS, CVS and Subversion Ids that
> remain in the tree. Though I removed 32k $FreeBSD$ lines, there's about 100
> or so remaining, and a few hundred miscellaneous other IDs. I do plan on
> keeping the $NetBSD$ and $OpenBSD$ lines for now, though.
>
> Comments?

I think the NetBSD and OpenBSD lines still serve some purpose, for two reasons.

1. The OpenBSD lines still document the baseline from which a source was obtained.
   Not so much the NetBSD lines since they now use Mercurial. OpenBSD still uses CVS.

2. The remaining OpenBSD lines may reduce merge conflicts if they remain.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>

			e^(i*pi)+1=0