Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2023 21:18:41 -0400
From:      Paul Dufresne <dufresnep@zoho.com>
To:        "stable" <stable@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Kirill Orlov" <slowdive@me.com>
Subject:   Re: So much longer to update than install fresh (+ no install feedback)

 >Le sam., 28 oct. 2023 19:09:50 -0400 Kirill Orlov  a =C3=A9crit ----
 >=20
 > My bump from 13.2-RELEASE to 14.0-RC1 took around 7 mins on asus ux461. =
Upgrades to RC2 and RC3 were around 5 mins, very swift. Tho no betas in my =
case=20
 > =20
Looking at the specs of Asus UX461, I see it come with an SSD (either SATA =
or NVME).
I guess the slowliness I see is probably due to "still" using a spinning di=
sk, and I am not too surprised you get it very much faster.
Admittedly, spinning disk are becoming less common.
I have only one SSD (SATA, probably a relatively slow one), and I don't thi=
nk I want to erase it to test.

On the other hand, I think I will test now with UFS.

Might mention that my Internet speed is 60 MBits/sec... a bit slow, but not=
 that much.