Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2023 12:01:51 +0100
From:      void <void@f-m.fm>
To:        virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: convert bhyve vm image to something linux lvm/kvm/qemu can use

On Sat, Jul 08, 2023 at 03:30:55PM +0200, Georg Pfuetzenreuter wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I think qcow2 is the most popular format on KVM.

Hi, thanks for this. Good to know but in the end I didn't need to convert.

What i did was to transfer the image onto the linux hosting then wrote using
dd to a lvm device. in order to get the console working, I needed this line
at the top of /boot/loader.conf:

console="comconsole"

and then, had to comment out the console line and reboot.
The console line had to be commented out because otherwise the message
"can't exec getty 'none' for port /dev/console: No such file or directory"
gets spammed to the console.