Date:      Sun, 28 May 95 22:15 MET DST
From:      root@deadline.snafu.de (Andreas S. Wetzel)
To:        uh@grep.cs.fsu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SoundBlaster 16

Hi!
---

In deadline.lists.freebsd-current you write:

>I am running the FreeBSD-current(May 25). But I have a problem to
>make my SoundBlaster 16 configured correctly by kernel.
>        ---------------
>The hardware setting for the audio interface is as follows,
>base I/O address: 220H
>Interrupt: 5
>Low DMA channel: 1
>High DMA channel: 6

>So I change two things:

>1) In the kernel configuration

>   # Controls all sound devices
>   controller      snd0
>   device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
>                                      -----

>2) /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/sound/sound_config.h

>#ifndef SBC_IRQ
>#define SBC_IRQ         5       /* IQR7 is the factory default.  */
>#endif                 ---

>Then I config and rebuild the kernel. Following is the dmesg for the sb0:

>        sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa
>        sb0: <SoundBlaster Pro 4.13>
>              ---------------------
>              Is it different from SoundBlaster 16?

You did only configure the normal Soundblaster device!
There is an own device (sbxvi0) for ther Soundblaster 16

I am running a Soundblaster 16 on IRQ 10 DMA 1 / 6 with the following setup:

controller      snd0

device          sb0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 10 conflicts drq 1 vector sbintr
device          sbxvi0  at isa? drq 6
device          opl0    at isa? port 0x388

Note that I didn't change anything in /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/sound/sound_config.h

Regards, Mickey
--
          (__)
          (@@)      Andreas S. Wetzel        E-mail: mickey@deadline.snafu.de