Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 1997 16:49:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Frank Seltzer <frankd@yoda.fdt.net>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dump locks up 2.2 system

I am having a problem with dump locking up or rebooting my system.

System:
	Asus P6NP5 200 PPro
	64 megs EDO RAM
	Adaptec 2940
	Micropolis 4421-07 2.1 gig SCSI drive
	HP C1536A DAT tape (probes as a HP35480A T503)

This is the error message copied from the screen as it is not logged by
syslog.

sd0(ahc0:0:0) SCB 0x2 timed out in command phase SCSISIGI==0x84
SEQADDR==0x42

I don't know if this is the only error as I only saw it once. The other
two times the system rebooted.

Does anyone have a clue what is causing this?

Frank
--
Only in America can a homeless veteran sleep in a cardboard box while a
draft dodger sleeps in the White House - anonymous