Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 1997 10:24:28 +0000 ()
From:      Tim Pushor <timp@orion.ab.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Experience with multiport serial cards?

I have searched the mailing lists for people who have good things to say
about multiport serial cards. So far, it seems that the Cyclades is
probably the best way to go. I have 2 questions:

1) Does it work well? I mean, support full modem control, run at full
speed (56K) with all ports active, etc.

2) I have a small dial-in user base being serviced with the two com ports
and a pair of modems now, and can't envision needing more than 8 ports.
Would the Cyclades 8Yo (ISA) do, or should I consider the 8Zo? The box I
am dialing into does much more than service remote users, so CPU
utilization and number of interrupts are important to me.

Thanks for any and all help,
Tim
---
Tim Pushor                         Orion Technologies Inc.
Technical Director                 Phone: (403) 284-0042
timp@orion.ab.ca                   support@orion.ab.ca
http://www.orion.ab.ca/~timp       http://www.orion.ab.ca

     "communication leadership through innovation"