Date:      Sun, 1 Aug 1999 12:58:42 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Leif Neland <leifn@neland.dk>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   on-line backup with generations

I'd like to make an off-site backup-server to take backup of our clients
webhotels.

Sometimes, a client calls saying "oh, I accidentially deleted this file 3
weeks ago, could you restore it from a backup?"

Of cause we keep tapes, but I'd rather be able to do something like a cvs
or rcs checkout of this directory as of date xxx.

Anybody have any ideas?

Can cvs do an "automatic checkin" of an entire directory tree without
somebody having to add commit descriptions?

And can it work transparently for the clients, so they just add, modify
and delete files as they use to to with ftp?

Leif