Date:      Sun, 05 Sep 1999 16:24:26 -0500
From:      chris@tourneyland.com
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   What's named.root?

I'm exploring using my BSD machine as a name server (a skill I'm finding
extremely unpleasant to nurture), and in some newsgroup postings I came
across several mentions of a a file called /etc/namedb/named.boot. I looked
for such a file, and discovered I don't have one. However, I do have a
/etc/namedb/named.root (as well as a /etc/namedb/named.conf).

I'm curious - What are these for?

Thanks,
Chris
Reach me by ICQ. My ICQ# is 19449154 or,
* Page me online through my Personal Communication Center:
http://wwp.icq.com/19449154 (go there and try it!) or,
* Send me E-mail Express directly to my computer screen 19449154@pager.icq.com
* You may visit my Personal ICQ Homepage: http://members.icq.com/19449154
Download ICQ at http://www.icq.com/download/
For adding similar signatures to your e-mail go to:
http://www.icq.com/email/emailsig.html