Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 01:35:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>
To:        Kris Kirby <kris@catonic.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 1RU kits / servers?

On Sun, 19 Nov 2000, Kris Kirby wrote:

> I'm looking for leads into Celeron/Pentium III-based 1RU rack
> servers. Kits, cases, or entire servers. Pricing, specs, and store
> locations would help as well.

Dell has one.  So does IBM.  I believe you can purchase 1U rack cases from
intel under the auspices of some sort of "telco" market-ising.  (I saw
some at a client's once.  I remarked that I did not know that intel did
cases.)  There are many case vendors on the net.  I know nothing of any
particular brand off hand.

(BTW, Both Dell and IBM have a habit of making their well equipped towers
a major PITA to fit in racks nicely. What gives?) </rant off>

Thank you,
Jason C. Wells