Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2000 12:06:23 +0100
From:      "Thierry.herbelot" <herbelot@cybercable.fr>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How-to Speak Freely ?

"Thierry.herbelot" wrote:

> I like to answer my own posts !
>
> Well, with just a little look at the ML archives, it seems speak_freely
> does not know how to handle the "pcm" device of FreeBSD - too bad !
>
>         TfH

[SNIP]

I have at long last understood why we keep the snd driver in the
releng_3 branch : so as to run older, linux-only applications (using
ioctl which exist only with ths OSS driver)

speak-freely runs with the snd driver on a 3.4 machine.

	TfH

PS : could someone add a note in pkg/DESCR of speakfreely to tell about
this driver problem ?

--
Thierry Herbelot                        ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN   /"\
mailto:herbelot@cybercable.fr          AGAINST HTML MAIL & NEWS \ /