Date:      Sun, 9 Apr 2000 11:18:53 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Moused and X

I had X running via /dev/cuaa0 quiet well. Then I discovered moused,
really usefull in the console. moused -p /dev/cuaao -m 2=3, which now sits
as a moused.sh in /usr/local/etc/rc.d, maybe I should put the line into
/etc/rc.local (on a 3.1 system). The -t microsoft is found automagically.

I have trouble making this run with X. It worked ok without changing the
setting of the mouseport in the X Setup, I changed just mousetype to
MouseSystems, when I did install moused via the /stand/sysinstall utility.
but this setup didnt support my two knop (sorry for my poor english)
mouse, I didnt know which line to add to /etc/rc.conf for the "-m 2=3"
part.

How can I make it work with the now usual setup, the mentioned moused.sh ?
Or: which line do I have to add to /etc/rc.conf ?

Well, its still more or less a black box, this OS ;-)

But less than Macs or Windows boxes,

Heiko