Date:      Sun, 09 Sep 2001 08:41:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: CVSup problems

This morning I received a report from Jun Kuriyama of incorrect
timestamps on cvsup-master.  CVSup has started setting the timestamps
of updated files to Jan 1 1970.  I have been looking into this, and my
best guess at this point that it is a bug in CVSup which was triggered
by the date (in seconds past the epoch) passing 1000000000.  I am
working full-speed on a fix.

In the meantime, I have shut down cvsupd on cvsup-master.  But you
already have some files with incorrect timestamps.  It probably won't
help to fix them manually, as I would guess that the bug will still
propagate incorrect time stamps to your clients.

I'll let you know when I have more info.  Please don't bombard me
with questions in the meantime.

Not a good way to start out the day. :-(

John