Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2002 13:33:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Sten <sten@blinkenlights.nl>
To:        Dirk Beckmann <dirk@sqeezer.net>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 13W3 to VGA

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Dirk Beckmann wrote:

> Hi,
> i'm having problems connecting my sparcstation 20 to a regular VGA-monitor,
> i bought a special connector (13W3 male ----> SUB-D 15 female) which fits
> perfekt. But i cannot get any picture/video signal from the SS20.
>  - has anybody the correct pin connections for a 13W3-->VGA cable?
>  - i tried different monitors, 15" TFT, reg. 19" and 21" (ADI Microscan),
>    do i need any "special" features to solve my problem?

It should work with most monitors,
the only issue is that some frequencies are more
difficult than others, aka a Creator3d does  VESA 1280x768
but the 1600x1024 does funky Sun stuff.

So which frequency works depends on how compatible your monitor
is. But there probably is a frequency  that works.
The frequencies for your specific vid card should be
listed on sun.com. The only way of changing them without
solaris, is afaik messing in the prom. ( I cant recall the name
of the variable just now ).

--
Sten Spans

  "What does one do with ones money,
   when there is no more empty rackspace ?"