Date:      Mon, 31 May 2004 09:39:58 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Gao=20Long?= <urgaolong@yahoo.com>
To:        Nicolas Souchu <nsouch@free.fr>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        walkyrie@meloo.com
Subject:   Re: dancing with the daemon

Nicolas Souchu <nsouch@free.fr> wrote:

No keep it in the kernel for the very early boot!

Look the screenshots at http://www.freebsd.org/~nsouch/kgi4BSD and be sure
I'll do something with your code ;)

--
Nicholas Souchu - nsouch@free.fr - nsouch@FreeBSD.org
http://www.freebsd.org/~nsouch/kgi4BSD

Thanks for your advice and interest:)

I noticed that KGI is a big frame work of a console graphical

driver infrastrauture , while my idea is so simple that it can not recognize

any movie file format, it needs just a soft timer and some bmp pictures ,

and show up a short animation. It will base itself on the fb and splash

module (maybe kgi afterwards:) , on which I think I may get some help

from you , cause I always feel lack of syscons knowledge . Additionally

the console swithing systems may also be helpful to me as I may want

to switch to another virtual console when the current virtual console

is busy splashing the moving pictures.

It is good to have the daemon dancing on the black console from the

startup , isn't it :)