Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 2004 22:12:41 -0700
From:      Geoff <thunderlove@charter.net>
To:        "freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Emon <jadukor@gawab.com>
Subject:   Re: File manager

Emon wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> Hello everone, I am a newbie, I have just installed
> FreeBSD(4.10)), and would appreciate some guidance.
>
> First of all, is there any user friendly File Manager Like
> Midnight Commander(or anything else)?
>
> Second, I did creat a user, but I didn't know which group to put
> it in, so I kept that field empty, now if I try to su to root,
> it say that I am not in the right goup(wheel). what does it
> mean? How do I solve this?
>
> Thanks

misc/mc is midnight commander -- I'm not running 4.1, so I cannot with
certainty it's available to you, but I would presume so.

	pkg_add -r mc

should work.

Second,  'wheel' -- its a security feature.  check out the FAQs under
'system administration'.  (on the freebsd homepage)  To add a user to
the group, the easiest way is to simply edit '/etc/group' directly:

	wheel:*:0:root
	wheel:*:0:root,emon

(or whatever your user name is)   The change will take effect next time
you log in as 'emon'

Lastly, when posting to this list, send the email to
freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org -- otherwise, the list doesn't see it!

Geoff