Date:      Wed, 17 Aug 2005 18:21:12 +0300
From:      Vlad GURDIGA <gurdiga@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-i18n@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unicode

Hello guys,

I'm trying to migrate from windows to FreeBSD 5.4 for a while and I
got an acute problem with i18n.

How can I make a file (with vi for exemple, or let's say with echo
"some string" > file) that would contain localized messages for an
application in English, Japanese, french, Russian and Romanian?

Is there any way to correctly display (cat) content of UTF-8 files in
text-mode console?

Suppose I connect to my MySQl with the client and want to insert using
SQL commands rows with names that contains locale specific characters
in the enumerated languages. Can I do that in text-mode console
(csh/tcsh)?

best regards,
Vlad