Date:      Sun, 2 Jul 2006 12:16:19 +0200
From:      m.apitz@oclcpica.org
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   6.0-REL && pcmcia card Option N.V. Fusion UMTS Quad-GPRS

Hello,

I'm now already using for a while the above PCMCIA card to connect
to the UMTS network and it works mostly fine and as it should. For
more details about the hacked usb/uftdi.c driver see the old thread

    5.4-REL && pcmcia card Option N.V. Fusion UMTS Quad-GPRS

The remaining problems are:

1 because of the lack of documentation I don't see/know any way
  to disable the book-in into the UMTS network; maybe there is
  no other way at all than pulling out the PCMCIA card from the
  slot; after providing the pin once it remains and this causes
  a little problem in the pppd chat script:

  '' AT
  OK\r\n at_opsys=1,2
  #
  # We can not send down the PIN twice, it gives 'ERROR' 2nd time;
  # so we're just expecting an 'O' as response which is part of 'OK'
  # and 'ERROR' as well, what a dirty hack. :-((
  # How we can logout the SIM from UMTS?
  #
  OK\r\n at+cpin="xxxxxxxx"
  O AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","web.vodafone.de"
  OK\r\n ATD*99***1#
  'CONNECT 384000'

  ie. if you start pppd again (after terminating it with SIGTERM)
  the chat will complain with '+CME ERROR: operation not allowed'
  on sending the pin because the card is already booked in into UMTS;

2 pulling out the PCMCIA card gives always a PANIC with the messages:

  uhub5: detached
  usb5: detached
  ohci0: detached
  All threads purged from cuaU0
  All threads purged from ttyU0

  and after some seconds

  ucom0: detached
  (null): at uhub6 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
  Fatal trap 12: page fault
  current process: 49 (cbb0)

OK, one could live with that and bring the system to halt before
pulling out the card. But it would be nicer to fix it, any ideas?

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC PICA GmbH