Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2000 14:57:47 -0800
From:      W Gerald Hicks <jhix@mindspring.com>
To:        "Jeff Zeak" <jzeak@mpinet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, jhix@wghicks.mindspring.com
Subject:   Re: Berkeley sockets

> Hi,
>     I am involved in a dos based app & am trying to find a 'pure' copy
> of Berkeley sockets from which to base part of my project. Do you know
> of a source for this public domain source code?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

>                Thank you,
>
>                Jeff Zeak

(Yikes!  Please don't use HTML for our lists)

It's not really PD code, but licensed under UC Berkeley terms
of usage.

Better to get a FreeBSD box running and study the source.  There
has been a lot of progress and many bug fixes since the original
BSD4.4 release

For a study in adapting the networking code, check out the RTEMS
and eCos real-time OS projects.

This is challenging work, especially considering DOS - brace yourself  :)

Good Luck,

Jerry Hicks
jhix@mindspring.com