Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 17:30:25 -0700
From:      Steve Reid <sreid@sea-to-sky.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mounting CD-Rs under 3.x?

I'm trying to mount a CD-R (data, not audio) with my IDE CDROM drive
under FreeBSD 3.2-release. No luck. When I type the mount command "mount
-t cd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom" it immediately returns the message "cd9660:
Invalid argument". I am able to mount other (non-recordable) data CDs
without problems, and the files on this disk read fine in a couple of
Win95 machines.

This particular CD-R was written on a Win95 machine by someone else, for
backup purposes. I need to extract one of the archives from it.

Any suggestions?

Here is my CDROM info from dmesg:

wdc1 at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 flags 0xb0ffb0ff on isa
wdc1: unit 0 (atapi): <EPO CD-ROM CR-848S/Ver5.10>, removable, accel, dma, iordy
acd0: drive speed 687 - 8250KB/sec, 128KB cache
acd0: supported read types: CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA, packet track
acd0: Audio: play, 255 volume levels
acd0: Mechanism: ejectable tray
acd0: Medium: CD-ROM 120mm photo disc loaded, unlocked