Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:05:16 +0900
From:      Michael Westbay <westbay@seaple.icc.ne.jp>
To:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: production jdk

Neil-san wrote:

> > Really? To this day I have not been able to get an applet to run in
> > Mozilla (0.8.1) nor Star Office (5.2). If it is possible, I have not
> > received a working suggestion on how to make it work. I don't mean to
> > sound unappreciative. I know everyone in working their tails off on
> > this. I'm just frustrated.

to which de Haan-san replied:

> Haven't tried the mentioned, but the Sun JDK 1.3.1/Linux works perfectly
> fine in Konqueror 2.1.1.

Yes, it works perfectly fine - unless you want to have JavaScript
(LiveScript) control some aspects of the applet.  Of course, this is still
not quite emplemented in Mozilla's plug-in on any platform either.  I'm
hoping for it in JDK 1.3.2, then I'll probably fall back on Linux-Netscape
where the plug-in does work.

I share your frustration, Neil.  I has spent quite a number of days tweeking
this and that trying to get it to work in FreeBSD and Linuxulator Mozilla
with no luck.  (Although, I think I screwed up my Linuxulator pretty bad at
one point.)

Less the fact that Konqueror's JavaScript doesn't have any hooks to Java,
though, I've been pretty happy with it.

--
Michael Westbay
Work: Beacon-IT http://www.beacon-it.co.jp/