Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 1995 23:02:44 +0159 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Schulz <ats@freebsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        cmjones@wolf.co.net (Craig M. Jones)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 950322-SNAP adaptec AHA-2940 pci card

> I am installing 950322-SNAP on pentium 90 pci with an adaptec 2940 scsi
> controller. The boot floppies finds the card & I can install all the way to
> the reboot from hard disk. While rebooting it hangs on waiting for scsi
> devices to settle. I then booted the fixit disk, which booted ok. I can
> mount & use the hard drive with this disk. I tried to lower the bus speed
> as somone else on the list suggested from 10MHZ to 5MHZ no luck.

Have you tried to do a reset after the halt from the boot floppies ?
Some machines with certain cards need that.
I have in the moment two of them, my pentium hangs at the rebooting
and one 486 with a Buslogic VL card and a 3COM 3C507 card needs a reset,
otherwise it doesn't find the harddisk.

	  ATS ( ats@first.gmd.de or ats@cs.tu-berlin.de )

Andreas Schulz  GMD-FIRST     12489  Berlin-Adlershof  Rudower Chaussee 5
Gebaeude 13.7   Tel: +49-30-6392-1856/+49-177-2134745    Germany/Europe