Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 1996 16:54:19 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        Tom Samplonius <tom@uniserve.com>
Cc:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>, stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI Performance under -stable/-current

>  The ncr results should be higher, unless your drives are slow.  On a
>-stable system with a 2940 and a Quantum Fireball, I see over 6MB/sec on
>file I/O.

Really?  Is the Fireball a 7200RPM drive?  I would not have expected such
high numbers unless you specified a number too low to iozone so you were
reading out of the cache or you had a very fast drive.

Remember also that the numbers will vary depending on how used the
filesystem is and how close to the outside cylinder of the drive
the filesystem is.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations