Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 11:59:18 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        nsayer@quack.kfu.com
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HostAP mode ROCKS!!! ...and a small suggestion

In message: <3CDFD8CE.1040300@quack.kfu.com>
            Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com> writes:
: Hooray for whoever came up with hostap mode! It worked first time
: perfectly with 104 bit WEP and everything. Yay!

Cool!  You must not have hit one of the known problem cards them as
clients yet.

: I'd like an explanation, if I may, of what the 'authmode' setting in
: ifconfig does. I can't really see any effect.

I have no clue :-)

: I'd also like to suggest that the wi.4 man page contain a reference to
: /usr/share/examples/netgraph/ether.bridge in addition to the 'options
: BRIDGE' method for bridging interfaces. I prefer netgraph bridging for
: reasons I find difficult to articulate. :-)

Write something.  BRIDGE is something I know and can document.  YOYO
for everything else, but if someone else has docs that are right, and
have "goodly English," then I'm all for including it.

Warner