Date:      Thu, 4 May 2000 05:57:51 -0700
From:      Dann Lunsford <dann@greycat.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Advice re: cellular (?) and laptops

I need some advice,  I've a Toshiba Satellite I use all over the place.
I've a Viking 56K modem and a DE-660 ethercard stuck in the PCMCIA slots,
and no complaints about either.  However, sometimes I'm stuck in places
where I have neither a phone jack nor an ethernet jack handy, yet must
have dialup access back to my work network.  I'm getting very confused
by what I'm being told by cellular/PCS/whatever vendors,  Ideally, I'd
like to just plug in my modem to a cell phone (of whatever type) and use
it just like any other phone.  I'm being told this is not possible.
Well, what is possible, and what would I have to buy to achieve it?
Assume I'm running 4.0-STABLE,

Does this even make sense?  :-)

Thanks in advance.

--
Dann Lunsford       The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
dann@greycat.com    is that men of good will do nothing.  --  Cicero