Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:24:55 -0600
From:      Paul <tribble@tribble.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD ROCKs! (was Re: FreeBSD needs to awake and come out of SERVER only market!)

Once upon a time, Mars G Miro <mars@cannoncreek.com> scribed:
> Sorry for feeding the troll.. ;-)

BAD -stable daemon, BAD! heh.  Anyhow, moving right along I'd just like to
also be bad, and share with everyone that at the ISP I work for all of the
technical staff use FreeBSD w/ XFree as their desktop machines, and it's a
godsend.  I can't imagine if we were all using windows... "Sorry sir, I
can get you that information in just a moment, once my system is done
rebooting."  On the server side, we use a mixture of Solaris 2.6 and
FreeBSD (various versions, depending on when the system was initially
configured).

I've personally, and professionally used FreeBSD as a desktop since 2.1.5
(circa early 97) and always been very happy with it.  It's still not the
hottest shit for multimedia, but then it's come a long way since I started
using it.

Regards,
Paul
<tribble@tribble.net>
http://www.tribble.net/

"Are we to have a censor whose imprimatur shall say what books shall
be sold and what we may buy?"  -- Thomas Jefferson

Indeed.