Date:      Sun, 11 Aug 2002 18:16:43 -0400
From:      "MikeM" <MyRaQ@mgm51.com>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Fwd: Re: How to pass configure parms into a port

Hi,

I was building a port a few days ago, and I stumbled upon the problem
of how to pass parameters to the configure phase of the build process.
I couldn't find a solution in the Handbook, so I posted a question to
the mailing list.  I received an answer, and I think it would be
helpful to others if the answer made it to the ports section of the
handbook.

The important piece of the messages below is the excerpt:

    # make CONFIGURE_ARGS=--disable-wrapping install clean

That's the answer I needed.

Much thanks.

Mike.

*********** BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE  ***********