Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 1996 01:10:56 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        szapata@data.net.mx (Santiago Zapata)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mx records & sendmail

Santiago Zapata wrote in message ID
<v01540b02ae089fdf8393@[200.13.16.116]>:
> I already configured the hosts file for DNS with an MX record, and I also
> did some changes to the sendmail.cf file following the TCP/IP Network Admin
> book from O'Reilly, however I am getting the following error:

>         ----- The following addresses had delivery problems -----
>         <sz@cabonet.net.mx>  (unrecoverable error)

>         ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>         554 MX list for cabonet.net.mx. points back to dns
>         554 <sz@cabonet.net.mx>... Local configuration error

This is a FAQ, and probably not really what this list is for. Anyhow,
the answer is to edit /etc/sendmail.cf and add the domains that you
want to be recognised as being local. This is done on the `Cw'
line. It should already be something like:

Cwlocalhost

so, in your case, you change it to be:

Cwlocalhost cabonet.net.mx

You can add any other domains you want sendmail to process locally to
the end of the line, separated by spaces.

Depending on which version of sendmail you run, you can do the same
thing with a file `/etc/sendmail.cw', with each host/domain on a
separate line.

Gary