Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 2015 05:58:04 +0000
From:      Hongjiang Zhang <honzhan@microsoft.com>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Is it allowed to copy hyper-v drivers from FreeBSD 10 and packed it into FreeBSD 9.2

Hi,

Some people, who used FreeBSD 9.2 and back-port network driver for Hyper-v =
from FreeBSD 10, encountered a network issue. They installed 2 VM (FreeBSD =
9.2 with the customized FreeBSD kernel) on Azure. Network went offline very=
 soon when the big file (~320M byte) is copied from one VM to anther throug=
h "scp". If TSO is disabled through "sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.tso=3D0", this =
issue will be alleviated but cannot be eliminated. I did not figure out why=
.

I have checked the release notes of FreeBSD 9.2/9.3/10, but did not find an=
ything which blocked the back-port. It is supposed 9.2 allows the back-port=
ed Hyper-v drivers from 10. Is this assumption correct?