Date:      Sat, 1 Jun 2002 18:52:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, scrappy@hub.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony Vaio, LinkSys EC2T & 5.0-CURRENT ...

"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
> Morning all ...
>
> 	After getting nowhere with the Surecom EP-428X that I picked up, I
> went out today and grabbed one of the Linksys EC2T, figuring it's on the
> list of supported devices I found, and I think I'm soooo close ...
>
> 	First, I'm running a VAIO PCG-Z505S ... I've upgraded to
> 5.0-CURRENT as of May 21st, mainly due to the Surecom, but figure I'll
> stay there for the Linksys ...
>
> 	If I run 'pccardd -f /etc/defaults/pccard.conf' from the command
> line, it comes back that its matched the card, followed by a line that
> states:
>
> 	'driver allocation failed for Linksys(...): Inappropriate ioctl
> 	 for device'
>
> 	According to dmesg, I have:
>
> pcic0: <Ricoh RL5C475 PCI-Cardbus Bridge> irq 9 at device 10.0 on pci0
> pcic0: PCI Memory allocated: 0x44000000
> pccard0: <PC Card bus (classic)> on pcic0
>
> 	If I pull out the card, the machine itself hangs ... and searching
> on Google, it talks about pccard + shared interrupts ... and on this, the
> internal ethernet (fxp0) is using irq 9 and the USB controller (uhci0) is
> using irq 9 ...
>
> 	So, I'm pretty much at an impasse right now as to what to try next
> ... does anyone have an experiences with this combination and/or
> suggestions on what to try next ... ?
>
> Thanks ...

   I'm having similar problems with a Sony VAIO F480 and 4.5-RELEASE.
(see my postings on the -stable list.) (Same Ricoh RL5C475 chip.)

   No suggestions at the moment... Warner Losh has the idea that
some interrupt is being masked, an interrupt that probably shouldn't
be.

	- Dave Rivers -

--
rivers@dignus.com                        Work: (919) 676-0847