Date:      Sun, 27 Dec 1998 18:52:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      garman@earthling.net
To:        alexlh@funk.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HD LED doesn't go off

On 26 Dec, Alex Le Heux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On my recently-installed -current box the hd led doesn't ever seem to go
> off.
>
> I know it doesn't do this under win98 or when it was still (briefly)
> 3.0-RELEASE.
>
> Anyone has a clue what might cause this?

This might not be whats causing it for you, but I have the same problem,
and one day while i was real bored, I decided to find out why.  It turns
out that my real old 2x IDE cdrom drive (it's a sony) causes this.  When
this drive is removed, the hd light operates as normal.  Otherwise, it
just stays on.  Strange.

It doesn't cause any problems, just FYI.

enjoy
--
Jason Garman                           http://fs.sso.sytexinc.com/~jgarman/
Student, University of Maryland                        garman@earthling.net