Date:      Mon, 16 Jan 1995 17:16:54 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert), hsu@cs.hut.fi, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Porting cyclades driver; sigh

: Speaking of which, has anyone looked at BSDI's "mslip" stuff?
: When you live in the same CO as your service provider, buying multiple
: voice lines and 28.8K modems isn't a bad way of ramping all the way
: up to 128k (assuming perfect scalability for 4 lines, which we all know
: ain't the case).  ISDN incurs per-minute costs which are untenable for
: dedicated service.  A local call into your CO costs nothing! :)

Am I correct in assuming that your service provider would also have to
grok the mslip stuff, or is it transparent somehow by doing
multi-homing?

Warner