Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 1996 07:28:49 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        francis yeung <fyeung@fyeung5.netific.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipcp loop

[CC: hackers deleted]
francis yeung wrote in message ID
<199604192314.XAA10011@fyeung5.netific.com>:

> Greetings,
>

> 	I tried to connect to Xylogics's terminal server using iijppp.
> 	- ppp -auto xylogics and using dynamic IP address i.e. ifaddr 0 0..

I believe you still need to set the address of the remote end, or at
least specify a range of addresses that are acceptable... e.g. from my
/etc/ppp/ppp.conf:

 set ifaddr 158.152.50.150 158.152.1.194/16

So I'll connect to anything in the 158.152 class B IP address
space... I'm not sure if `0' works like you are expecting.

Gary

Gary
--
Gary Palmer                                            FreeBSD Core Team Member
FreeBSD - Turning PC's into workstations. See http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/ for info.