Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 16:18:45 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Ben Lutgens <blutgens@usinternet.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMPC100 pcmcia problems

What does pccardc dumpcis say the card ID strings are?

Make sure that they match the strings in pccardc.conf.

I also see this problem if I boot from Windows into BSD without
powering down.

==ml

On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 03:12:07PM -0600, Ben Lutgens wrote:
> Hey all, I have a LinkSys Etherfast (PCMPC100) PCMCIA nic and am trying to get
> it working under 4.1.1. When pccardd starts it says "No Card in Database for
> 'NULL' 'NULL'
>
> I even compiled it into the kernel ed0 and made sure the IRQ wasn't used and
> set the ioort to 0x300 which is where it's at under linux, iomem is set to
> 0xd8000 i think. I just get 'ed0 Device not configured'
>
> Is there a HOWTO or some docs on setting up a pcmcia NiC, I can't seem to get
> anything to work. I check the archives and saw nothing that looks like my
> problem. Is there a way to "probe" my card and see what's going on?
>
> pccardc dumpcis shows nothing about the card which works fine normally.
>
> TIA
> --
> Ben Lutgens  Cell: 651.387.9065  Home: 651.703.9541
>

> Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (T)hrowup

Michael Lucas
mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org
http://www.blackhelicopters.org/~mwlucas/
Big Scary Daemons: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/q/Big_Scary_Daemons