Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 1998 14:11:24 -0500
From:      "Jaapar, Jazzery" <JJaapar@RaymondKarsan.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IPFW-Newbie Question-Request For Assistance

To Whom It May Concern,

I need/want to setup a PC as a gateway for our local lan. There's 3 NICs:-

	fxp0: Internet Interface  (lets say 111.111.111.1)
	fxp1: DMZ Interface (192.XXX.XXX.XXX)
	ep0: LAN Interface (10.XXX.XXX.XXX)

fxp0 is connected to our router.
fxp1 is connected to a hub which connects to the www,dns,ftp and mail
server.
ep0 is connected to the LAN.

I need to allow

	1) internal ip to internet(ftp/www/etc) and dmz servers
	2) internet to dmz servers
	3) block certain internal ip from the internet and dmz servers

I've read the documentation on ipfw and frankly I'm stumped. I have a
general idea of how to set it up but it would help me greatly if someone
could offer any ideas or suggestions. Please reply by e-mail as i have not
yet subscribe to the mailing list.

Thank You.