Date:      Tue, 31 May 2005 14:10:29 +0900
From:      Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg@gmail.com>
To:        Tina Neil <tneil@innernet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KDE and Gnome

2005/5/31, Tina Neil <tneil@innernet.net>:
> I have a old laptop which after the suggestion of another programmer i in=
stalled FreeBSD. I have used this some before, but because it is free we ha=
ve decided to use this for are small club.  I have a compaq armanda and i i=
nstalled both KSE and Gnome and when i go to use them it says Command not f=
ound. Is it me or the laptop. also can you tell me how to get my computer t=
o "start" with gnome instead of going into the text part of FreeBSD.
> Please Help

In order to start KDE, for example, you would first `echo startkde >
~/.xinitrc` and then startx would bring it up.  GNOME has something
similar, though I can't remember it offhand.  In order to start with a
graphical login manager, you edit /etc/ttys.  Both of these questions
can readily be answered by reading the handbook available free and
online at www.freebsd.ord/handbook.  Please consult the FreeBSD
Handbook as the first source to find answers to your FreeBSD
questions.

--=20
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.