Date:      Fri, 4 Jun 1999 07:53:26 -0400
From:      "Cameron, Frank" <cameron@ctc.com>
To:        "'emulation@FreeBSD.ORG'" <emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "'Andreas Pape'" <APape@physcip.Uni-Duisburg.DE>
Subject:   RE: RE^3: need some info

I've not run into this "invalid exe" error before in wine.  I have seen a
similar error message on Windows when the exe file had actually been
corrupted.  Is it possible for you to try the exe files you are trying to
run on a native Windows machine?  If they don't work there either then there
may not be anything wrong with your wine setup.  Also the latest version of
wine in the ports/packages collection for 3.2-STABLE is 990426, you may have
better luck with that.

How are you setup?  Do you have an actual FAT partition with the files on it
mounted or did you transfer the files to the BSD filesystem?  If that's the
case, how did you transfer the files; have you tried re-transferring in case
something happened during the last transfer?  You may want to try
comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine or some of the other resources on
www.winehq.com/doc.html.

I'm sorry I haven't been more help.

Frank

	[snip]
> wine release 990131
	[snip]
> via ports collection in FreeBSD 3.1 RELEASE
	[snip]