Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 1997 16:03:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      michael@blueneptune.com
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pentium Lockup Workaround?

Any word when patches might be available for the Pentium lockup caused
by the recently found Pentium invalid instruction erratum?  This
obviously is of great concern to any ISPs with user shell access to
a Pentium system.  Details of the erratum are available here:

http://support.intel.com/support/processors/pentium/ppiie/index.htm

Several OS's already have fixes available (including BSDI and Linux),
so I assume (hope) FreeBSD isn't far behind.

[If this has already been announced and I've missed it, let me know...]

--
Michael Bryan
michael@blueneptune.com