Date:      Sat, 08 Sep 2001 02:29:37 +0900
From:      Makoto MATSUSHITA <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: ACPI CHANGES AFFECTING MOST -CURRENT USERS

freebsd> I suppose I could volunteer for this.

It would be great, but current /boot/loader has also the fancy
feature, tty screen handling (see /usr/share/examples/bootforth if you
have never seen before).  I heavily depend on this feature for the
selection menu of boot kernel using a sample menu; without this
feature, I cannot make my duplex CD-ROM[1].

It would be my great pleasure that "creating a boot menu" feature is
also implemented in the new /boot/loader.

... or everybody consider that /boot/loader *only* does kernel and
module loading?

-- -
Makoto `MAR' MATSUSHITA

Appendix: