Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 08:17:01 -0600
From:      vanmaren@fast.cs.utah.edu (Kevin Van Maren)
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:  Motherboard for Xeon Processor

> http://developer.intel.com/design/wrkstn/MS440gx/index.htm

It has integrated 10/100 ethernet and 6 PCI slots -- all on a single
PCI bus (I checked the PCI configuration space map to be sure).
Intel must be doing something different from everyone else to get
that many electrical loads on a single PCI bus.  [I fully expected
a PCI-PCI bridge, like on some Tyan and AMI motherboards.]

It is either get the 440GX chipset, which has a single PCI bus,
but supports 2 GB SDRAM, or get the 450NX, which supports 2-4 PCI
busses, and uses 50ns EDO DIMMS, with 4-way interleaving.

One more MB:
http://www.tyan.com/html/body_slot2.html