Date:      Mon, 05 Jun 1995 18:16:57 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
Cc:        bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FTP install finally gets through my firewall!

> Thanks, Jordan, for keeping on keepin' on!  I can finally get the FTP install
> to automatically go through our firewall!

Great!  Glad to hear it!

> How many dots are expected to appear per file?  bin.a[abcde] each arrived
> after only printing 3-4 dots, but bin.af printed 7.5 lines of dots before
> it was done.  Is this probably just weird network blocking, or should I be
> worried?

I wouldn't be worried - it's actually the output of cpio -V and the
ftp grabs intermingled, so a meaningful count of dots isn't really
possible anyway.  I'm thinking of switching the "verbosity" of it
based on the Debugging flag; when Debugging is on, you see filenames
and not dots.

					Jordan