Date:      Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:15:25 -0700
From:      "Cliff L. Biffle" <cbiffle@safety.net>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB issues with Apollo KT133A mobo

On Wednesday 04 December 2002 05:40 pm, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> Is it ohci?  If so can you try this patch?
>
> Joe

Hey Joe -- fancy meeting you here. :-)

Nope, the KT133 has two UHCI controllers.

What I'm going to do next (which I should have done before) is try the
following variables:
1. Does the mouse die if it's the only thing plugged in AND is buffered by a
powered hub?  (iirc, yes, but needs testing)
2. Does the secondary controller work?  (The ports stub out in a header on the
board, but I've brought them out and will test.)

If (1) is true, that (imho) eliminates the current-draw question.
If (2) is true, that points to hardware problems with the primary controller.
(Forgot I had two. *grin*)

-Cliff L. Biffle