Date:      Tue, 03 Jan 1995 05:08:55 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        wjw@iaehv.iaehv.nl (Willem Jan Withagen)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: remote install from an OS/2 machine with CD

> That's how I interpreted it :-) Funny part is, that FreeBSD 1.1 did do
> the job. But I'll try and see what ports we're talking here.

1.1 used to talk on a different port by default.

> Now what file, with what contents do I drop in a basic installed system
> to ahve ncftp switch mode. (I'll just do the ESC ESC trick and reboot)
> I tried reading the manual, but didn't get it to work. :-(
> [Which is mostly my ignorance, I'm shure]

Type ESC-ESC after you've installed the second floppy and are booted
off the hard disk.  Do this after everything has come up and you're at
the first screen or, even better, to get all the way through the
network setup part then hit ESC-ESC and type `ftp ...' manually.

					Jordan