Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 1998 20:55:24 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Jonnie Coffman <jcoffman@taurus.oursc.k12.ar.us>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: packet radio

Jonnie Coffman writes:

> 	This seemed like the best place for this question.  Can anyone
> point me a web page or ftp site that has packet radio software for
> FreeBSD?

http://www.lantz.com/ is the home of the KO4KS version (TNOS) of the
classic KA9Q NET/NOS code. Its been several years since I last ran it.
And apparently exactly that long since anybody forwarded FreeBSD
patches to Brian Lantz KO4KS. This week Brian announced he is retiring
from amateur radio in order to get his life and health back together.

Lots of good amateur radio stuff (including TNOS) is (at least it used
to be, haven't looked lately) mirrored at ftp.ucsd.edu. And Walnut
Creek also has an Amateur Radio collection, ftp.cdrom.com, and probably
includes TNOS.

TNOS 2.30 does not cleanly compile under FreeBSD. They are not major
problems, just the difference between Linux and FreeBSD. You'll find
the source code is already sprinkled with #ifdef BSD's and #ifdef
FreeBSD, and there is a made.inc-FreeBSD file which takes care of most
of the problems.