Date:      Sun, 11 Jul 1999 16:37:32 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a BSD identd

In message <XFMail.990711131918.jdp@polstra.com> John Polstra writes:
: Really??  Even though their connect() call failed?  Ick!  I know
: sendmail doesn't behave that way.  I'll take your word about the IRC
: daemons -- I don't know anything about them.

Yes.  At least that's what I've observed.  However, I believe the
culprit was a firewall that just dropped the packets for the
connection request, so it had to wait 30 seconds to timeout.

Warner